Have you ever thought about how you can incorporate the principles of ancient Ayurveda into your busy and modern lifestyle? Many of us have considered this sort of lifestyle change; but how would you actually go about it? Many of us simply assume that we don’t have any time or simply can’t make time to inculcate its principles into your lifestyle.
Involving Ayurveda doesn’t have to take more than a few hours to work into your hectic life. Make a decision and take the initiative, because the principles of Ayurveda can make your life significantly more fulfilling and meaningful!
Although the world has made progress from the Stone Age all the way to the Modern Age, in many ways we have regressed from our roots and have been living increasingly at a much more superficial level. We are less concious of our health and well-being, and constantly bombarded with noise & general overload, leading to stress, anxiety, and poor mental & physical health. Applying Ayurvedic principles into your life will calm your mind, soul, body, and even your spirit – not to mention improving your overall physical health.
Ayurveda recommends the following for your daily routine:
- Wake Up Early In the Morning and Meditate: Many of us have a difficult time waking up early in the morning due to staying up late at night watching television or doing work. This is why you should try to:
- Go to bed by 10:00 PM. You will be able to get an adequate amount of sleep and wake up at around 6:00 AM feeling fresh.
- Before you start your ‘regular’ routine, dedicate a few minutes to morning meditation. This will help you get into a positive, healthy meditative state for the rest of the day. You’re focus and attention will improve, and work will become more effective with less worry and stress.
- Eat Fresh Food Daily: You should cook your when you intend on eating rather than preparing it in advance, which essentially means you’re eating ‘left-overs’. Take advantage all of those wonderful gadgets that the Modern Age provides you with to create yourself a nice healthy meal instead of eating canned or frozen foods. Homemade food is much better than TV dinners or eating out.
- Include Ashwagandha, either in your food preparation or as a supplement with at least one meal.
- Eat Mindfully: Don’t eat while you are doing something else such as while watching TV, working on the computer, or while walking. You should sit at the table and consume your food mindfully. Sit at the table and eat slowly in order to eat just the right amount. The less food that enters your system, the fewer calories, fewer toxins, and less undigested food in your body. This will lead you towards a healthier life.
- Exercise for At Least One Hour Every Day: No matter what you are doing or how busy you are, you should always make time for exercise! Try to exercise for at least an hour every single day because exercise works your body and relaxes your mind. You could:
- Go to the gym.
- Do yoga with your friends.
- Take a stroll in the park.
- Take a fast paced nature walk.
- Walk to the store and back.
- Run a few laps on the track.
- A Tip About Seasonal Changes: As fall starts, the weather begins to cool off. Just like the falling of the leaves and trees getting dry, our hair, lips, skin, and eyes show somewhat similar changes. During this season, you should massage your whole body with sesame oil (warm) on a regular basis. The moistness and warmth of the sesame oil will lubricate your skin and make you feel more relaxed and nurtured.
By incorporating these few tips into your daily lifestyle you will see changes within just a matter of days. These tips will lead you to a happier, energetic, and productive life!